Another year has gone by quickly. We have two more classes before the Winter break. Here are some events happening during these two weeks.
Friday, Dec. 13:
· Parents are welcome to attend your child’s class during the first half hour to observe the class and give comments back to the school. The class observation forms can be picked up in the hallways.
· Raffle ticket goes on sale beginning this Friday in the Student Center. The price is $1 per ticket or $5 for 6 tickets. The raffle draw will be next Friday, Dec. 20 at 9 PM in the Student Center. The school is also looking for donations as prizes for the raffle draw. Please consider donating a new item as prize. Proceeds from the raffle will go to the school's operating fund.
· Also, we will have badminton in the Homestead Gym. Come by and do some exercise and chat with other parents.
Friday, Dec. 20:
· Each class will be having their class picture taken with Santa Claus in the Student Center. Student council will be decorating the Student Center for Christmas photos. You are welcome to use the backdrop to take pictures for your family.
· Also, after recess, Santa Claus will be visiting the CK to C3 classrooms to sing Christmas Carol and photos.
· In class Christmas party near the end of the class, the room parents will be asking for your assistance for the party.
· After class (at 9 PM) in the Student Center, the school will be having a raffle draw for various prizes. Historically, this event is filled with excitement and fun. Tickets are $1 per ticket or $5 for 6 tickets and can be purchased in the Student Center until 9 PM. The drawing begins at 9 PM.
Thank-you and see you at school.
Thank-you for your support to "Family Fun Night" last week. Many families purchased pearl milk tea, popcorn, and tickets to the game. The kids had a fabulous time. The fundraiser sponsored by the Student Council was a success.
This week, the school is having their monthly board meeting to discuss school matters. All parents are invited to attend and participate in room B108. There will not be any badminton this week because of the Board meeting. Next badminton session is Dec. 13 because of other school functions and the Thanksgiving holiday.
Next Friday, Nov. 8 is class observation. Parents are encouraged to attend their child's class during the first half hour to observe the classroom and give feedback to the Board. Forms can be picked up in the hallway to fill out. Please return the forms to the Student Center.
Nov. 15, the school has invited a college counsellor to visit and talk about what parents can do to help their child prepare for college. The talk will be from 7:15pm to 8:00 pm in room B108. After the talk, there will be a question and answer session where parents can ask specific questions. Hope to see you there.
As the holiday season approaches, you might want to consider donating to WVCLS and have your employer match your donation. This is a great way to help the school financially.
Finally, the school would like to remind the parents about their volunteer duty. Mandatory volunteer service is one way the school is trying to keep the tuition low. If you are unable to volunteer on the assigned date, you can ask another parent to swap the date. But you must notify the school in advance that another parent will be replacing you. Thank-you for your cooperation.
Don't forget to move your clocks one hour forward this Sunday morning as we go back to standard time.
Last week, the parents had a fantastic time playing badminton in the Homestead High Gym. Coach Ng showed us the rules of badminton and some ways to improve our swing. We will have another session this Friday.. The annual price has been reduced to $90/year. This is a great deal to play badminton in your own court for two hours. If you are interested, you can pre-register at this link. It is great fun and have some exercise at the same time. Be sure to bring your racket, dress in gym clothes, and wear non-marking shoes. The gym will provide feather birdies.
Also this Friday after school, the Student Council is organizing Family Fun Night. party/donation after school (9 pm to 9:45 pm) in the Student Center. The party will have games and prizes. Tickets for the games will be sold at the door. In addition, you can buy snacks (pearl milk tea and popcorn chicken) at the party. The pre-order form for the snacks is at https://tinyurl.com/wvclsfundraiser2019 and they can be picked up is at 9 pm. All proceeds will go to Student Council. Be sure to attend this fun event!